Falling in Love with Fall + House Thoughts

I'm totally obsessed with Fall and Spring. They're my absolute favorite. The weather is PERFECT, and the colors that come out are seriously breathtaking.

Fall is when I also become completely smitten with Utah all over again. If you live here and haven't driven the canyons to check out the leaves around this time of year... shame on you ;)
Okay, really, you're just missing out. The trees look like they're on fire, and everywhere you turn there's a different shade of red, yellow, orange or lime green.

Lately I've been REALLY into nature, and the beauty of it. Cason says that I've always been, but haven't fully embraced it until these past few years. 

With the move from our old house to this new one, I've felt a lot of disconnect with my surroundings... and yes, especially when it comes to blogging about it. So I think finding beauty in nature is a way for me to 'ground' myself and feel at peace.
Don't get me wrong, I LOVE this new house, the neighborhood is a dream and all the people we've met have been SO friendly and kind!... but my old house just had a certain kind of personality that I feel like I miss a LOT. There was always a story to tell, something to fix, an area to make more functional... and this new house is, well... new. Things are already so pretty and polished. I don't feel like it needs me as much. 

does this sound crazy?

Truth be told though, that's what I wanted and was looking for when we moved. I was tired of DIY'ing every thing, and I felt like the only reason I did it anymore, was for "THE BLOG". Having to be creative and DIY-up something new all the time, was exhausting and super time consuming. I was ready to just enjoy all of our hard work and put down the tools, paint and plans for a while. 

I definitely thought I would have more time to do this in our old house, but suddenly we were in a spot where moving felt "right", and so we were off!
I wanted a house that I could just finesse with a little "makeup and hairspray", and not a house that needed a full "face lift and hair extensions" (ha!)... and that's what I got! -  but in an effort to find a happy middle ground between DIY'ing the day away, feeling pressure to create something new for a silly blog post, and finding somewhere to live that already was "finished"... I think that I drifted too far away from doing anything AT ALL. And now,  I don't quite know WHAT I want to do anymore. GAH!

*siiigh*
this is turning into a therapy session... I'm almost done. ha!

 I found this quote the other day and I instantly fell in love with it.


I think I've spent too long worrying about trying to make my new house feel like my old house, that I haven't thought enough about how I can build something totally new and exciting, here!
Maybe that means taking a risk, pulling one of those crazy ideas out of my "you're never really going to try that" file drawer, and DOING it... falling in love with it, and making a connection to this new space, like I did with the last (?)

Maybe I'll paint a wall black or purple or something... just to shake things up and get my groove back. LOL